Be Free

Friday, March 6, 2009

Veteran's hall


The time changes this weekend. Sometime soon we'll be getting places while it is still daylight! Last night we arrived at the Veteran's Hall in Thorndale for our weekly square-dance lesson and I was intrigued by the flags flapping in the dim light of a three quarter moon. I didn't get any pictures of us dancing (that would be a feat). We have learned about half of the movements we've been shown. My favorites are doesy doe and weave (because there is no hand contact!) Many things have surprised me about square dancing: the laughter is contagious; the exercise is extreme; mentally it is almost more than I can manage; and nobody seems overly concerned about germs! I would estimate that we handle hundreds of sweaty palms per session! Or, the same fourteen or so multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment