Be Free

Friday, February 6, 2009

Stepping Up

I'm thrilled to be participating in a Beth Moore Bible Study called Stepping Up. It is a study on the Psalms of Ascent. This is the first of her studies I've done. I am receiving great insights from this. I thrive on analogies. In them the LORD communicates with me much of the time. I offer this answer to the question a few posts back about why we are so intrigued by reflections and shadows: they help us to fully focus on what is behind them; to 'see' the unseen!

For example, getting to church early on Sundays (Kevin has to be there at 8:00 a.m.) we are greeted by this! The red stained glass window at the front of our church is a huge cross. At an early (just sunrise) hour the window throws this cross (it isn't really a shadow or a reflection; what would you call it?) across the sanctuary floor and it reaches the stairs. I find the sight of it, glowing on the stairs, illuminating the way up, so symbolic! We take turns standing in the flood of red light; it floods the soul!

I might have moved the guitar case out of this; but somehow it adds to the image because the reason we are privileged to witness this, is because the musicians are there to lift up their voices and play music in praise. Isn't an empty guitar case a little like the empty tomb! The instrument is no longer in it, but rather rejoicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment